- Find your Wifi network card name, it should be en0 or en1.
- Open Terminal.app
- Look for the en? that contains the inet item (ip address). That’s the one you need
- Then do in Terminal.app
- That’s it
- You should be able to lock the screen and still keep the internet connection.
- You only need to do the above exercise once. It will be remembered.
en0in the example needs to be replaced by the one you found of course.
- The shortcut key for locking the screen is
CONTROL + SHIFT + EJECTor
CONTROL + SHIFT + POWER
- When using the
Alfredapp this won’t work. I haven’t fount the solution for it yet
to see how the
en? interface is configured you can also do the following
You can google what they all mean :-)
Having trouble automatically reconnecting your unattended Mac to a wireless network because of unreliable signal quality? If you would like to have it keep reattempting reconnection until it manages to connect…
Scan for networks from the command line